1. Wake up to one of those exceedingly beautiful days when the air is dry and there's a gentle breeze, warm sun, and a few stray clouds drifting across an ocean blue sky.
2. Play some chords on the mandolin.
3. Find your friends outside in the back, sitting under the hardy kiwi arbor.
4. Bring out a watermelon, some boiled peanuts, and pick some grapes off the vine. Have a slurpy, salty feast.
5. Talk and laugh as you braid onion tops, and then hang them to dry.
It's only midday, and already it's been enough to make my soul smile.