Thursday, July 21, 2011

I Sound My Barbaric Yawp!

Tomorrow we're heading to the Northeast Permaculture Convergence.  We'll have a booth there for our nursery, Food Forest Farm.  I'm going to bring some fliers to announce this blog and the upcoming cookbook.  Putting this out there is scary.  For a long while I was telling people, "I want to write a cookbook."  Now I'm saying, "I AM writing a cookbook!"  (And as a friend of mine in high school used to say (and it turns out he was quoting Walt Whitman), "I sound my barbaric yawp!")

I'm working through Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way.  For those who don't know it, it's a workbook about recovering your creativity.  I'm excited about the process, and it's thrilling (thrilling like riding a rollercoaster and being scared out of your mind but also having a blast) putting myself out there as a creator and artist - in this case, a writer and cook.  One of the things I'm working on in The Artist's Way is affirmations.  Today I'm thinking about this affirmation: "My dreams come from the universe, and the universe has the power to accomplish them."  Step by step I am creating a cookbook.  Thanks, universe, for planting the seed, the dream of this cookbook, in me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment